St Joseph's follows the curriculum strategy – Learning and Growing as the People of God - provided by the Archdiocese of Birmingham for teaching RE in a Catholic primary school.
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School promotes high achievement and life-long learning by working with children to:
- To ensure that each child meets their God given potential by deepening their personal faith through their knowledge and understanding of Sacraments and Christian Values and to be nurtured academically, spiritually, socially and emotionally.
- To encourage each member of the school community to live their life in accordance with gospel values and to make a positive contribution to British society.
- To inspire our pupils to aim high, reach for the stars, recognise their God given gifts and talents so that they make the most of every opportunity that is given to them.
- To ensure that each child feels happy, safe, valued and loved.
- To make prayer, worship and liturgy relevant and meaningful for each individual and to provide a learning environment that will enhance the development of faith of everyone in the school community.
- To provide an exciting, fun and enjoyable educational experience for each child and promote a life-long love of learning.
Jesuit Pupil Profile
The children in our school follow the Jesuit Pupil Profile. Each term we focus on readings, songs, hymns and prayers related to each of the areas below. Children are given opportunities to show their actions towards each profile - they learn to forgive and respect, be hopeful for their futures and become truthful and learned in their beliefs. This term our focus is on being Eloquent and Truthful.
Click here for our RSE curriculum policy
Learning and Growing as the People of God - an overview.